Bell Green Gas Holder Demolition, 7th January 2019

bell-green

Most if not all of the events at the last months have been large scale funerals or weddings. They can happen as frequently as three to four times per week.

Part of the normal cycle of events and business for this social club.

The parking issues you describe were planned to be alleviated by the provision of parking spaces to the rear of the Livesey Hall - all temporarily dismissed by the rejection of the planning application. We await the restitution of these benefits as part of a potentially successful Inquiry by the Planning Inspectorate in 2019.

Statement from Lewisham Council:

Hat tip to @Michael for spotting this page.

“masterplan for the site” ??? Well the whole of Bell Green currently looks as if it has been cobbled together by a committee charactertised by poor taste, indifference to local needs (especially pedestrians and those who like to breathe easily) and few resources- are we being led to expect something better? Why? Will different people be taking the decisions?

From today’s NewsShopper article it looks like people have ideas but there’s no coherent strategy as far as I can see:

I very much appreciate that people have different opinions and ideas but from my experience a fair amount of those coming from the Sydenham Society require more thought, strategy and reasoning especially with regards to possible funding for these ideas. I’m not suggesting they aren’t wonderful ideas but it requires a lot of co-ordination, agreements and some funding to do something as seemingly simple as a mural on the railside wall - which was previously raised as a possible project for them (separate to my attempted mural) and raised again during my foray with National Rail essentially saying it would be very unlikely due to ttoo much effort/co-ordination and inconvenience to commuters (closing of the rail!). If that’s anything to go by it would seem that other possible good ideas like suggesting to move a train station isn’t backed up by much strategy/plans/realistic views.

Again, just to emphasise not having a go at the society and their work, just making a comment on some of the “ideas“ they have which appear to not only appear lacking in strategic thought/planning but also give some semblance of reasoning behind their stances on certain local issues