Archived on 6/5/2022

What’s happening next to Nando’s?

weepy
26 May '18

jam-sandwich
26 May '18

It’s all part of Nandos. I think the door in the middle must go to upstairs flats.

anon5749742
27 May '18

To the left is going to be Nandos.

The doors in the middle without any hoardings around them do indeed lead to the flats.

The part to the right led to the Regency Club, which was, until recently, still full of snooker tables. As far as I know this wasn’t going to be part of Nandos, so unless they have taken over part of it, it’s something else.

Originally Nandos was going to take both units for the old Wedding shop and the citizens advice bureau.

After securing a change of use and battling the powers that be in Sydenham and planning for over a year, they let the citizens advice part to Mama Dough Pizza which hopefully will be opening soon.

It will be interesting to find out what is happening behind.

weepy
27 May '18

Yes that’s what I figured. Also the hoardings are a definitely a different developer. There was a rumour a long time ago about a cinema but I would very much doubt that.

weepy
27 May '18

I think it’s good with mama dough as well

jam-sandwich
27 May '18

Pretty sure it’s part of Nandos. That’s what the planning documents suggest anyway.

DC_17_100519-PROPOSED_PLANS-553596.pdf (376.5 KB)

jam-sandwich
27 May '18

Also:

DC_17_100519-PROPOSED_ELEVATIONS-572013.pdf (594.2 KB)

anon3821395
27 May '18

Thanks @jam-sandwich - unfortunately the links didn’t work (blame Lewisham’s planning portal). I downloaded the documents and tweaked your posts to include the downloaded files.

jam-sandwich
27 May '18

Thanks.

anon5749742
28 May '18

I Stand corrected! Thanks Jam-Sandwich and Chris.
It would be great if someone took over the old snooker club.

weepy
28 May '18

Anyone seen inside ? What would be good in there ?

anon5749742
29 May '18

Inside the snooker club?
I haven’t but I knew someone a while ago who was thinking of opening a pizza restaurant in there with wood fired ovens. There was talk of it being a cinema a while back and other talk of it being a Theatre. As far as I now it’s a large space.

According tot he Sydenham Society, it was sold in 2016 along with the Nando’s site and night club, which is huge.