Maybe I’m missing something but it feels as if the library doesn’t have the most prominent social media presence so thought I’d big up the work by the volunteers and the events that take place. PLEASE BE AWARE the following are all copied off the website and I’m not entirely sure how up to date it is (as some bits of the website have the last blog post from last year) so best to check. Anyways, lots going on for all sorts of interest and a real boon that perhaps people are unaware of. Personally am hoping to show some support by visiting more often as seldom have to be honest.
WEEKLY Children’s Activities
- [NEW] Saturday 12-1pm – Code Club. Fun, creative, interactive course for 9-11 year olds. In the IT training room. Mail email@example.com to register or take a chance and just turn up.
- Tuesday 10.30 am – 11 am baby bounce/ rhyme time. Singing and nursery rhymes for under fives, with Alison . 50p admin charge. Sponsored by Sydenham Assembly
- Tuesday – Children’s Creative Book Club 3.30 pm – 5 pm. age 5-11 years (registration cost £3.00, then free).
- Thursday – Rhyme Time with Cat Bateman and her guitar – “Little folks nursery rhymes” 11.45 am – 12.15 pm. £1.50 babies, £2.50 toddlers.
WEEKLY Adults’ activities
- Saturday – join our friendly knitters, led by Wendy. 10 am – 12 pm.
- Monday and Wednesday – Bridge Club – no beginners, 6.45pm – 10 pm, membership fee.
- Monday – English lessons for speakers of other languages 10 am – 3pm with Christine. Free. Ring first to book.
- One-to-one IT training. Ring the library to book (don’t ring Wednesday, Friday or Sunday – we’re closed then).
- Tuesday – Seated exercise 11 am – 12 pm Includes strength, balance, stretch and relaxation. £1 per session. Instructor Tonia.
- Thursday – Adult Craft Group 1pm – 3pm (Donation of £1). Call main library number for details (020 8778 1753)
MONTHLY OR MORE OFTEN
- First Saturday – Councillors’ surgery 10.30 am – 11.30 am
- Children’s Craft. First Saturday of month 10:30 – 1pm.
- Second and last Monday “Hear to help” walk in hearing aid clinic 10 am – 12.30 pm . Free
- First Tuesday 6 pm – 7 pm. Adults reading group – read and discuss books provided by the library
- General help with CVs and issues of concern, advice by appointment only