Memorial to the Bell Green Gas Holders

With demolition starting on 7th January, let’s use this topic to collect our photos, paintings and memories of the Bell Green gas holders, to create a memorial to this piece of our industrial heritage.

Do you have photos, art or memories to share? Click “reply” and join the conversation

From the snow last year

2 Likes

1 Like

It’s good to have photos and keep a record but am I the only one that simply does not understand or get the significance of these gas holders? I personally find them somewhat of an eye-sore and believe the land could be put to much better use… I just don’t get it .

Apologies if that offends anyone. Not my intention… I’m genuinely curious as to why this seems such a big deal…

Hi @jonnoprice, the gasholders have certainly split opinion. There’s a good debate on this subject, which includes a poll: Bell Green Gas Holder Demolition, 7th January 2019 (I’d encourage the debate to continue on that topic, as opposed to here on the “memorial” topic).

1 Like

Too right - and totally understood!

1 Like

Lovely photos as always, @JamesEvans

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Bell Green Gas Holder Demolition, 7th January 2019

Let’s please keep this topic on-topic, thanks folks :+1:

1 Like

Shared on SE23.life by @Clausy