Man found with fatal gunshot wounds on Sydenham Road [two men charged]

#Lewisham
BREAKING: A young man in his 20s has been shot dead in broad daylight.

Met Police say they were called at 3.45pm to Sydenham Road, #SE26 where a man was found with gunshot wounds.

The victim was pronounced dead at the scene at 3.50pm.

Continued below. pic.twitter.com/AQVeG7cI5d

— London 999 Feed (@999London) September 8, 2019

Should be no big deal - people die all the time from violent crime - but this is on our doorstep… :confused:

@jonnoprice, having walked unbeknownst past this incident and spending the past couple of hours trying to comfort the parents of the potential victim - regardless of circumstances, trust me, it is a big deal.

3 Likes

“No big Deal” WHAT???

2 Likes

Thoughts are with the family regardless of the circumstances, condolences at this awful and sad time to all that know the victim. Words won’t make a difference but very sad for the loss of a young life. Take care.

I don’t know the victim but would never wish this on any kid or parent, this could happen to any of us in this day and age sadly.

1 Like

Of course it is a big deal… shook up by it all.

@jonnoprice I think your response is absolutely disgusting, especially as a young life has been taken.

Sorry just saw your last response and realise you probably didn’t mean to come across as you did initially.

We’re all in shock @jonnoprice. So, so sad our young people have such anger and hate towards each other. Our thoughts now have to be with the young man who lost his life on a sunny Sunday afternoon.

2 Likes

@Pauline,personally I don’t think any harm was intentional

1 Like

I posted in disgust at what happened. I am appalled by the loss of a life on our high street. “Should be no big deal” is a cynical and ironic comment based on how many senseless deaths there are and how little people seem to care. Apologies if the irony was lost on you. I will delete the damn post if it is so easily misread.

3 Likes

Please don’t

1 Like

Completely understand.

1 Like

I do apologise though… it was not a clearly thought out post and easy to misinterpret. RIP to the young man who lost his life.

2 Likes

The whole culture about postcode areas really scares me as a parent. I don’t know if this is the case here but is happening everywhere right now. It doesn’t matter if you bring your kid up in a bought home, private rented home, or on a block. They all stick by their friends in the area they live in regardless if they live in a five bedroom bought house or a single storey council flat. These young kids need to stop fighting with joining neighbourhoods and maybe we can help with this. Personally I hate the music they all listen too right now, it is aggressive, violent, and encourages kids to get violent with weapons. Happy to help set up a group to try stop this with the younger generation if anyone else is up for it.

Personally I live in a private garden flat but who is to say my teenager son won’t ever get mixed up in this just because I don’t live in a council house. We are all equal!

1 Like

Just picked up this report with witness statements - https://news.sky.com/story/man-in-his-20s-shot-dead-in-south-london-11805133.
It seems some people think that he could have shot himself. Very sad for this loss of life.

1 Like

To reiterate whatever the circumstance this is just an awful situation.

I was with the mum of the potential victim when she heard this and saw her devaststion. We don’t yet know the specific details of what happened.

IMO, I don’t think any of us are in a position to judge, but we should just be there for each other and try to comfort those that have lost a loved one.

1 Like

Take care xx

Reportedly he was trying to shoot someone else, but the bullet ricocheted back on him:

@jonnoprice please don’t delete your comment. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on this forum, provided they are civil to other members (and you always are)