Kirkdale tree switch on

Continuing the discussion from A tree comes to Kirkdale:

Kirkdale High Street’s Christmas tree lights will be switched on at 17.15 on Sat 7th Dec.

The tree is at the junction of Dartmouth Road and Kirkdale.

Please join us. There will be cake. More details to follow.

4 Likes

Big thanks to whoever produced this lovely poster for the Kirkdale area community event. Please note the tree switch on itself will be at or shortly after 5.15 to allow Skanska time to set up having switched on the Forest Hill tree lights at 4.30.

Further details to follow as things get arranged. Please bear with the scramble caused by the short notice and it would be lovely to hear from any groups or individuals who want to get involved in Kirkdale’s DIY Christmas.

We can promise you Santa and singing and lovely nibbles and even a cup of tea courtesy of our very own local tea importer.

1 Like

Also:

Saturday 30 November from 4.45 pm

At Queensthorpe Square (opposite the Sydenham Centre)

The observant among you will have noticed that our beautiful Xmas tree is already standing in Queensthorpe Square. The tree will be lit on Saturday 30th November. Get in the festive mood with carols by Our Lady and St Philip Neri School brass band from 4.45 pm, the big countdown to switching on the lights at 5.00 pm, followed by more carols and a visit from Santa. Event ends approx. 5.30 pm

Forest Hill - Saturday 7 December at 4.15 pm (be there at least 15 minutes beforehand)
Outside Forest Hill Station

Just a reminder that the lights on the Kirkdale Christmas tree will be switched on on Saturday 7th December at 5.15 pm.

Please do come along to our community Christmas celebrations. We can promise a warm welcome with children’s songs and Santa, mulled wine, tea and lovely nibbles.

Big thanks go to some of our lovely Kirkdale High Street traders for supplying some tempting treats:

Kitchen Skills, Mabel’s Five & Dime, Hibagon, Moustache, 161 Food+Drink, Birchall’s Teas, Gabby’s, Bose Chicken, Two Brothers, Kirkdale Chip Shop.

1 Like

Thanks for all your efforts arranging. I am not sure I will make it back to Kirkdale in time (prior plans) but fingers crossed for no rain and a good turnout! Pleased to see things happening in my neck of the woods :grin:

1 Like