Welcome to SE26.life
Welcome to Sydenham
Welcome to Lewisham
- The highest number of parks and green spaces of any London borough.
- London’s largest free fireworks at Blackheath each year.
- In 2004 became the first council to have a directly-elected Young Mayor.
- The UK’s only Conservatoire of Music and Dance, the Trinity Laban in Deptford, designed by Herzog and de Meuron.
- Home to the eternally popular Horniman Walrus, on display since 1901.
More local claims to fame
This is a “wiki topic” that all SE26.life members are encouraged to edit and improve