Dragonfly Yoga Studio

sydenham-rd

Location: High Street, Zanara Court commercial space (just next to bottlecave and opposite on the hoof give or take)

It’s for Dragonfly Yoga who have one location in Brockley - my wife goes and says the standard of classes/teachers are brilliant.

They did have an application in a few months back which disappeared (not the rejected palavar which was another studio/location)- not show why/what happened - but amazing news it may be back on, both from a selfish point of you and a high street point of view! Something different, that will be (I imagine) well used by the community :grin:

Vive la sydalution!

Just looked it up a little for anyone/everyone’s benefit:

DC/18/108525 is the application reference

Planning@lewisham.gov.uk and/or the lewisham website for providing any comments you may have about the applicaroom - think you need to leave your full name and address for “validity” if emailing :+1:

4 Likes

Dragonfly Yoga need Sydenham for Crowdfunder

Good news - permission granted!

DC_18_108525-Decision_Notice-744565.pdf (90.5 KB)

1 Like

Feels a lot longer than “2 months later” lol. Fingers crossed all goes smoothly for them. Really looking forward to it from a selfish perspective!

1 Like

Dragonfly Yoga Studio 2nd Space coming soon to 24 Sydenham Rd SE26 5QW dragonfly-yoga.org

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD AND SHARE THE GOOD NEWS

3 Likes

Just for your information the studio is hoping to be up and running in the new year should all run smoothly. They are not currently selling memberships / class passes for the Sydenham allocation but are hoping to from January when they will have a better idea of opening date!

1 Like

Just a little update. The studio (dragonfly yoga) have told me they are currently hoping to be open around the end of February. Class passes/membership for the Sydenham location will not be available until towards the time of opening.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. I hope they will offer Pilates as well as yoga classes?

0 Likes

Spotted on Facebook, some info on the yoga studio and classes:

1 Like

Work at the new Sydenham Yoga Studio! Shape the community!

1 Like

1 Like

Crowdfunder coming soon…

0 Likes

The crowdfunder is now live! I would seriously recommend watching the video as well as read the article as posted previously by @MichMich - https://jabberwock.me/2019/02/02/yoga-studio-sydenham-soon/ which gives an insight into the whole not for profit project which has a real emphasis on a safe space to promote athletics and well-being in young people (not just yoga). In addition the plans look amazing and the space is a huge fairly diverse project (coffee bit, shop, massage rooms, yoga studio, athletics training)

2 Likes

1 Like

ADDITIONAL EXPENSES CAUSE THE DELAY IN PLANNED OPENING DATE
Support the crowdfunding campaign and help turn a commercial space into a community one

(please watch and help make a difference)

GREAT PRIZES FOR PLEDGES

1 Like

I think they should improve their messaging. It sounds like “we have a building and we want you to pay to refurbish it. In return we’ll do some community stuff”. I’m fairly sure that’s not quite what their were aiming for or about. Maybe watching the video helps but most people won’t get that far.

1 Like

Yes pilates too! Have a look on dragonfly-yoga website see what they offer!

1 Like

Hello ,

I am writing from Dragonfly Yoga Studio in Brockley . We are a fundraising activity for GMAX Trackstars Charity and we have 23 days to raise £30,000 to refurbish a 2 story yoga studio in Sydenham. OUR crowdfunder campaign is NOW LIVE and I wanted to reach out to Sydenham for your kind support for our new CROWFUNDER CAMPAIGN and in return you also have the chance of winning one of many of our Boutique raffle prizes! We would be able to promote Sydenham community as an advocate for GMAX Trackstars charity. Raffle prizes such as sweaty Betty or Barrys bootcamp vouchers, massages, yoga mats and many more are available to be won!

Would you be interested in donating please? Or alternatively, if you are able to share this to your social media or friends!
Clink on link to donate.

GMAX charity provides athletic training on the track and field for youngsters who want to excel in sports and life opportunities! GMAX would like to incorporate yoga into some of their training and encourage kids to take part in Athletics as they have seen so many kids progress already. GMAX would like to to enhance awareness over the dangers out there for young children at the moment if they take the wrong route and so we want to make our community a safer place! We want to keep these kids out of trouble and provide new facilities and spaces for these children to train in and give them the chance to excel in Sports outside of School P.E and the core curriculum. Where have all the youth clubs gone!?

We have created a Crowdfunder campaign that will help to raise funds to refurbish a BRAND NEW Yoga studio in the heart of Sydenham High street ( South East London )! Through this special type of crowdfunding your help could truly make a change for the amazing children of London! If we manage to raise £30,000 through Crowdfunding, our new Yoga Studio which will expand over two large floors and will include Yoga classes, Athletic training and a Retail shop. All profits from the new Yoga Studio will fund GMAX Trackstars Academy Charity which will provide athletic programmes for children of all abilities.

The GMAX coaches are passionate and are dedicated to their athletes. We have even seen athletes develop into being ranked number one nationally. With less focus on youth clubs, this project allows young people to take part in physical activity no matter how much money your parents have ! GMAX is a charity based organisation that is on a mission to develop Olympic and Paralympic athletes ! ‘From Playground to Podium’ we want to put the great back into Great Britain and supportthe youth of today and represent our local community !

With this local community fundraising activity, the long-term goal is to create more safe environments to help disadvantaged children reach their full potential. In return, we will refurbish our brand new 2 storey Dragonfly Yoga Studio on Sydenham High street for all abilities!

Of course, with any generous and kind donation, we will promote Sydenham community over all of our Social Media Platforms in ! Virgin Money giving, Facebook, twitter, Instagram . If you also have any advice on whom I may contact for donations i.e HR or Marketing, please do let me know as I will contact them!

Best Regards,

Dragonfly Yoga Studio

Instagram: @dragonfly_yoga_london

Twitter: @DFYogaLondon

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dragonflyyogalondon/

Dragonfly Yoga Studio

1 Like

For those interested they have just added a few rewards - one of which is for a discounted 12 session pass for Yoga/Pilates/Meditation sessions at Sydenham.

0 Likes

Dragonfly Yoga Studio just posted a new reward !£75 for a

12 Class Pack! (Value per class: £6.25, Valid for 3 months from the date you attend your first class). That’s basically 50% off so get entering into our Raffle prizes now!

1 Like

Great I think these type of rewards will be on more interest to some. Although higher value it also enables use of new facility and hopefully means attracting customers in the long run. Already entered one of the raffles but shall review this after payday! :wink:

3 Likes