Archived on 6/5/2022

Brown and Green Cafe in Crystal Palace Park

anon3821395
7 Jan '19

Coming soon:

AidenH
7 Jan '19

I’m jealous of Crystal Palace all of a sudden. An ambitious new venue for B&G. The views will be superb!

Vennerist
7 Jan '19

Sure does look impressive. Am I alone in finding B&G a little expensive, amongst other cafes in Sydenham? Not to suggest their wares are overpriced, but it seems they can charge a premium for their location that people are willing to pay.

Paul_Mawdesley
8 Jan '19

It’s actually in Penge. People assume everything in the Park is CP but this and the dinosaurs are actually in SE20.

NigelA
10 Jan '19

I think it will be unaffordable to a lot of people - their food is very good but not cheap .
But the park has been crying out for a nice cafe for at least 20 years ( as Mayow Park had been Before B and G arrived ) so glad to see it and sure it will do well .

I hope there will also be somewhere a bit more modest for people that just want a cup of tea and bun but also want change from a fiver .

weepy
16 Jan '19

I was pretty disappointed to hear it will be Brown & Green. There’s so many of them around … it’s really boring to have the same old. They are also v expensive especially the cakes.
Maybe they’ll switch it up, but considering there’s one in Mayow, one in the Crystal Palace station and one in Crystal Palace triangle all with the same menu, I’m not hopeful.

Carlos_Barquero
16 Jan '19

Agreed… I won’t be going… Hope them failure… Give other people a chance. :smirk:

Sgc
16 Jan '19

It’s finding that balance between having a good independent which works and people want elsewhere but then not copying it too often. Do think both in crystal palace are fairly close.

Darren_Hayman
16 Jan '19

I think it’s lovely.

I believe the tiling is supposed to replicate the skin on the dinosaurs.

The thing about pricing is tricky. It’s the downside of gentrification. We want shiny new things, but want community prices.

I do think the food and coffee is really good, in fact I can’t think of better apart from maybe the Blue Belle Cafe in Penge.

OAP or cheaper meals for those on benefits or the ‘deferred coffee’ scheme are two ways for a slightly swanky place more community friendly.

marzinwells
18 Jan '19

I wish them the very best of luck. The Park has been waiting for this for a long time.

AidenH
18 Feb '19

Wishing Brown and Green Cafe the best!

anon3821395
18 Feb '19

Brilliant! A big day for them. Thanks for sharing.

MichMich
18 Feb '19

Getting the keys to your new flat is exciting, but getting the keys to this incredible new venue must be next-level excitement!

anon3821395
25 Apr '19

Opens tomorrow!

anon3821395
27 Apr '19
MichMich
30 Apr '19

Massively busy and noisy with babies and dogs galore but the eggs on sourdough were quite lovely and you can’t beat the location :+1: :+1:

SabrinaF
3 May '19

The cashless policy isn’t putting people off then?

weepy
14 May '19

What is this “cash” you speak of ?

Sydder_Sisters
23 May '19

Love this drawing and all the weekly activities

Twitter
19 Nov '19

Sadly: