Archived on 6/5/2022

Bell Green Neighbourhood Forum

jrw
13 Mar '21

The Bell Green neighbourhood forum launch has been beset with people dragging their feet, so I thought I’d post my own draft boundaries. The decision to actually open the forum would be after a full democratic consultation, and all residents get a vote.

I’d really welcome a discussion about my suggested boundaries; which streets are affected by current and future developments at Bell Green?

For starters, my reasons for the suggested boundaries are:

1. The stretch of Sydenham Road, east of the Kent House Road junction, was previously called Bell Green.

2. Including the Linear Park right up to Catford allows environmental improvements to the River Pool, enhancing its biodiversity, and its emergency floodwater storage capacity. The approximate flood plain is marked in pale blue.

3. Including Southend Park allows for the renaturalisation of the river, which flows under the park in a brick culvert.

4. Including the whole stretch of Linear Park allows for potential upgrades of foot /cycle bridges across the railway and river into Bellingham.

5. The inclusion of the main feeder routes into Bell Green, affected by any future traffic growth.

Let’s start the discussion here, while we wait for public meetings to restart.

jrw
31 Mar '21

I’d love to hear all your thoughts and suggestions on the draft boundaries…

jrw
13 Apr '21

jrw
22 Jul '21

An extremely belated invitation to the launch of the Bell Green Neighbourhood forum, covering parts of Bellingham, Perry Vale and Sydenham wards. Given the short notice for this meeting, we will aim to hold the second meeting in about a month’s time, and will announce the slot at the beginning of next week. Plenty of time to round up a proper turnout for the real discussions.

Please do try to attend on Saturday though, especially if you would like to get involved with the arrangements.

Here’s the link to the The Bell Green Neighbourhood Forum - inaugural meeting.
Time: Jul 24, 2021 12:00 PM London

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 851 0639 5080
Passcode: 729796
This map shows the draft area for discussion. #bellgreense26 #SE26 #SE6 https://twitter.com/SGasworks/status/1418278019039260675/photo/1

jrw
23 Jul '21

@alan_ha11 @OneRealJGD @CllrCurran @SydenhamSociety @d__architecture @HomeParkSE26 @JRWSE26 @adamsrill_foa @BellinghamSE @BellinghamBLP @OfAdamsrill @LewishamPlus @Jacqpaschoud @RachelOnikosi @ChrisBestUK @Jack_Lavery @paschoud @SakinaZS @susanmariawise Here’s the link to the The Bell Green Neighbourhood Forum - inaugural meeting. Time: Jul 24, 2021 12:00 PM London Join Zoom Meeting us02web.zoom.us/j/85106395080?… Meeting ID: 851 0639 5080 Passcode: 729796 This map shows the draft area for discussion. #bellgreense26 #SE26 #SE6 https://twitter.com/SGasworks/status/1418278019039260675/photo/1

jrw
27 Aug '21

Next meeting of the Bell Green Neighbourhood Forum is
25th September 12 - 2 pm at the Sydenham Catholic Club on Watlington Grove SE26 5RR (just behind the Istanbul supermarket).

Tea and coffee provided, and a cash bar available.

jrw
28 Aug '21

Draft Constitution for the Bell Green Neighbourhood Forum. Based on the Grove Park Neighbourhood Forum constitution, whose Neighbourhood Plan won by a landslide in the democratic vote this week.

jrw
28 Aug '21

Volunteers urgently needed to help leaflet each of the six zones (see the map) I’d like to have a coordinator for each zone, who can each organise their own team. All help gratefully received.

Can anybody suggest any noticeboards where we could post regularly? Hopefully, we can get a couple of noticeboards in each zone.

jrw
12 Sep '21

TODAY!!
If you want to talk about the Bell Green Neighbourhood Forum, come and join us at the front of the Livesey 2 - 3 pm. Find out more details, and question the draft boundaries before the next meeting:

25th September,
12 - 2pm Catholic Club,
Watlington Grove (behind the Istambul supermarket).

BGNF poster (1).pdf (305.3 KB)

BELL GREEN NEIGHBOURHOOD FORUM CONSTITUTION.docx (30.4 KB)