23 Sep '19
The Mayor’s Award scheme was launched in 2017 to recognise people, community projects and businesses who volunteer in their spare time in Lewisham.
The Mayor’s Award recognises individuals, community projects and businesses who contribute or support others to volunteer their spare time to Lewisham.
If you know an unsung hero or group that is making Lewisham a better place to live, please take a few minutes to nominate them.
Mayor’s Award categories
There are four categories of award. These are:
- individual/volunteer – for their outstanding contribution to local community life
- organisation/business – for community engagement with the people of Lewisham
- young person achievement award (for people aged 21 and under)
- community group for their outstanding contribution to the community.
A judging panel will review all the nominations for the Mayor’s Award and decide the winners in November 2019.
The deadline for nominations is midnight on 21 October 2019.
Who you can nominate
- You can nominate any individual, community group project or business who give their time on a voluntary basis.
- Previous nominees can be nominated again.
Who you can’t nominate
You can’t nominate:
- yourself or elected Lewisham councillors (but they can nominate other people)
- council employees and paid staff/employees of other local organisations.
You can’t use the nomination form to:
- get or reward political favour
- reward any political activities
- recognise a person or organisation with known political affiliations.